My Mother’s Day gift to myself this year was a little time off over the Mother’s Day weekend. Which makes this Happy Mother’s Day blogpost just a little bit belated, my apologies! But the break gave me some much-needed time to rest, to play, and to reflect on why it is that little old me gets to celebrate Mother’s Day at all. Which inevitably led me to start digging through old pictures, which leads us to this little photographic walk down memory lane & my mommy-timeline…
- April 20, 2009 – the day we found out we were expecting. My journey as a Mother begins.
- December 29, 2009 - the day we had to be induced at 40.5 weeks due to low amniotic fluid. Last belly shot before heading to the hospital.
- December 30, 2009 – the first time I got to hold my baby girl, in the OR recovery room after 30+ hrs of labor, 3 hrs of pushing, followed by an emergency c-section.
- May 2010 – My 1st Mother’s day with a 4 month old Lily, breakfast in bed, because that’s where we spent most days and nights in those early months of parenthood.
- May 2011 – My 2nd Mother’s Day, Lily is 16 months old and look! We’re eating breakfast in the kitchen now! Life is starting to get back to normal! It only took a year and a half, lol…
- May 2012 – My 3rd and most recent Mother’s Day & life with a toddler = breakfast on the run. Let’s grab a Clif bar and head to the zoo!
What an amazing journey motherhood has taken me on in the last three years. Being a mom is by far the hardest, most challenging job I have ever known, but also the most rewarding. I can’t imagine what fun the coming years will hold for our little family, but one thing I know for sure: it’s going to be one hell of a ride! : )
Photo Tip: It doesn’t always matter how WELL you capture the moment, sometimes it just matters that you capture it! The photos below were taken with our DSLR, our point & shoot, and our iPhone. They aren’t all perfect technically, but for these types of archival shots, we don’t care. We’re just glad we have them.
Heather McGinnis Photography specializes in maternity, birth, newborn, baby & toddler and child & family portraiture. We offer Studio Photography as well as on-location & at-home Lifestyle Photography and serve the Greater Greensboro area of NC including the surrounding communities of Winston-Salem, High Point & Jamestown.
Contact us today to book your session. Subscribe to our blog & newsletter and like us on facebook to stay in the loop
about current promotions and special offers. Don’t forget to follow us on twitter and pinterest too!